Well Chrisi and I are part of a biggest loser challenge in our neighborhood that the Thoma's are running. What a great idea and way to get alot of people healthy. It has been a big adjustment, but one that I am determined to make happen in my life. I have lost about 18 pounds so far in a month. For those who may not know, I love to cook, and love to eat even more. If I do say so myself, I am a very good cook, and that helps out a lot in my desire to eat healthy. I have studied nutrition alot on my own, and am able to make healthy meals for Chrisi and my family. I know there are a lot of diets out there, but here is my philosophy. It is based on "Body 4 Life" and "The Biggest Loser" and on other study I have done on healthy eating.
1. Eat at least 5 smaller portion meals a day
2. Breakfast must be healthy and should never be missed
3. Eat at lest every 2.5 or 3 hours
4. Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day
5. Eat at least 5 fruits and vegetable servings a day
6. Low fat, complex carbs, more protein
I love Whey Protein shakes with skim milk. Add fresh or frozen fruits if you like.
Natural Almonds make a great snack, so do apples.
I love oatmeal for breakfast with a protein shake.
If you want mayonnaise? Take fat free cottage cheese, puree in blender with a little skim milk, and you have a healthy substitute for mayo. Mix it with your tuna fish, or use on your sandwhiches.
Fish, fish, fish!!!
Switch from potatoes to sweet potatoes
Switch form white rice to brown rice.
Size matters in meals.
Salt free seasonings are your friend.
Here is a recipe for my own "Black Bean Chicken Soup"
3 cans black beans
1 can diced tomatoes (I use cilantro lime diced tomatoes)
1 can corn
1 can diced green chili's
1 Tblspn chicken boullion paste
1 onion diced
3 grilled chicken breasts
Season chicken Breasts with onion powder and garlic powder, grill.
Spray non-stick pan with Pam and add diced onions. Sauted till soft.
Put 1 1/2 cans of black beans in blender and puree.
In soup pot add puree'd beans, other beans, corn, tomatoes, chili's, boullion and onions.
Bring to a boil. Take grilled chicken and cube then add to soup.
Add pepper to taste.
If you like it a little spicy, use hot chili's, or red pepper flakes or even some tobasco.
I usually eat 1 1/2 cups of this for a meal. I don't have the exact calories, but has to be around 250 or less . Applebees has a black bean soup that is similar for 220 for a cup. I use less fat I bet so 250 should be a good guess.
enjoy!!!! Low fat, good fiber, good protein. Make extra and store for a quick meal another day.
I use loseit, and app for my iphone to track my food and workouts. I love it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment